June is pride month, although I’d argue that every month should be about loving others no matter what they look like, what their sexual orientation is, or what their life story is. In my opinion, as long as you aren’t hurting anyone else, you have every right to be you, just like I have every right to be me. That may be my view, but I was curious, with the rise of an inclusive culture and social responsibility, how are companies and investors supporting the LGBTQia+ community.
My guest and fellow millennial is Jay Lipman, co-founder, and president of the Fintech asset management sustainable investing firm Ethic. On this episode, we’re covering a lot of topics including social responsibility investing and what companies are doing to support the LGBTQia+ community.
What You’ll Learn
- Are we seeing a strong shift in companies towards better equality with LGBTQ workers or are we still just talking about it without any definitive action
- How and why are companies aligning their investment portfolios to support the LGBTQia+ community
- If you’re an investor and want to support the LGBTQ community, are there certain things you can be doing
- What lead Jay to a career in social entrepreneurship
- What are trends that are emerging in the social/sustainable investing space
- What can we do as millennials with less cash to build a sustainable investing practice
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes! IT’S FREE!
Want to have a cup of coffee this week on us? Leave a review in iTunes and email a copy of your review to email@example.com.
Have an Ask Shannah question, submit it here
Shannah Compton Game is a podcast host and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER of the top-rated Millennial Money podcast. Millennial Money has over 6-million downloads in 164 countries. Shannah’s years of experience as a skilled Certified Financial Planner have set her on a mission to revolutionize how people think, act, and feel about their finances…and have some fun doing so.