This past week has been a time for reflection for me, and probably you as well. I’ve never faced racism myself, but I’ve seen it first hand with many friends and have definitely seen how race shows up when we talk about money.
I had a chance to sit down with my friend Brian “BT” Terrell from BREAUX Capital to talk about racism, the difference between creating a neighborhood and a community, the injustices in the financial industry, and BT’s work with BREAUX Capital, the first Fintech company advancing the financial health of Black Millennials with social banking.
What You’ll Learn
- BT’s five-step system to move from a neighborhood to a community (and work to end racism)
- The steps we need to take as a community at large to end racism
- The power of financial education in the African American community
- How to build true wealth according to BT
- What steps you can take today to change the economics in your family
- BREAUX Capital
- BREAUX Capital on Instagram
- Wealthy Gardener by John Soforic
- The Money Tree by Chris Guillebeau
- Work your Money, Not Your Life, Roger Ma
- Passive Income, Aggressive Retirement, Rachel Richards
- Happy Money, Ken Honda
- Holistic Wealth, Keisha Blair
- Plant Your Money Tree, Michele Schneider
- Franklin Fi, Shane Dillon
- Invested, Danielle Town
- Broke Millennial, Erin Lowry
Thank you to MasterClass.Get unlimited access to EVERY MasterClass, and as a Millennial Money listener, you get 15% off the Annual All-Access Pass! Go to MASTER CLASS.com/MYMONEY for 15% off MasterClass.
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes! IT’S FREE!
Go behind the scenes of the podcast and sign up for our free monthly emails.
Have an Ask Shannah question, submit it here
Shannah Compton Game is a Money Wellness expert, host of the to-rated Millennial Money podcast, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER with an MBA. Millennial Money has over 15 million downloads in 164 countries. Shannah’s years of experience as a skilled Certified Financial Planner have set her on a mission to revolutionize how people think, act, and feel about their finances…and have some fun doing so.