Podcast: Play in new window | Download (42.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | | More
Eating out, going to the movies and shopping are three of the biggest budget busters.
Often, if your budget is in serious breakdown mode it can be attributed to one or more of these three little gems. No need to bury your head, we are all guilty.
Consumers spend close to 3% of their income on shopping for clothing every year. That could account for a couple thousand dollars every year.
Pinpoint Demographics put together this great list of the Top Ten Cities by Spending on Clothing per Capita, 2011. Interesting to note that not one of these cities is actually a big city.
1. Danville, Calif. 94506 (suburb of Oakland)
2. Los Gatos, Calif. 95030 (suburb of San José)
3. Los Altos, Calif. 94022 (suburb of San José)
4. Southlake, Texas 76092 (suburb of Dallas)
5. Novi, Mich. 48374 (suburb of Detroit)
6. Saratoga, Calif. 95070 (suburb of San José)
7. Great Falls, Va. 22066 (suburb of Washington, D.C.)
8. Santa Clara, Calif. 95054
9. Chappaqua, N.Y. 10514 (suburb of New York City)
10. Oakton, Va. 22124 (suburb of Washington, D.C.)
What does this have to do with you?
What if I told you there was a way to make money while shopping, and that it was actually very easy to do?
That might change the game for you, right?
COSIGN is a great new mobile shopping app that just successfully funded their Kickstarter campaign.
“Chances are you already share the brands you love through social media, and social media is also inspiring you at every moment. How many times have you seen something you like and thought, where can I find that,” says COSIGN creator Esosa Ighodaro.
Social media has opened up the doors to experience everyday life in a whole new way. Information travels with pictures and leaves the viewer inspired.
Remember that great pair of shoes you saw your friend wearing? What about that awesome necklace that you just have to have?
COSIGN will surely become your new best friend by combing two favorite activities together – shopping online and making money. Even mogul Russell Simmons thinks so.
How Does It Work
If I had you at make money while shopping, then COSIGN is something you should become very familiar with. It's very simple to use, and takes no more time than posting any other picture to social media.
1. Take a picture of your outfit or a product
2. Drag and drop the keywords associated with the products (COSIGN already has a ton of well-known stores that are on board)
3. Sare your shoppable post to your followers
4. If a follower sees something they like, clicks through to an online store and purchases ANY product from that store, then you will receive a handy commission check in your mailbox
Depending on the retailer, you could receive anywhere from 3-35% of the purchase price.
For instance, let's say your friend buys a new pair of $150 shoes and the vendor pays 10%. Suddenly, you get a check for $15.00 smackeroos for not really doing anything other than sharing what you love.
If you get ten friends to buy those boots, then you have enough money in commissions to buy another pair for you for free! Now that's a shopping deal that I can endorse.
No Guts, No Glory
Esosa and her partner, Abiodun Johnson, risked a lot to bring COSIGN to the marketplace. Esosa left her job to start COSIGN and used her savings to invest in its growth.
Unlike many other entrepreneurs, Esosa learned that sometimes you have to make gut wrenching decisions to follow your dream. “Finding funding is probably been the hardest part about being an entrepreneur. I was like, hey I have this cool idea, now put your $$ behind it, and no one seemed to care as much as I did, ” exclaims Ighodaro.
Learning to manage all the demands of an entrepreneur is never an easy task. It takes time,