The holidays are a time of celebrations, family get-togethers, lots of good eating and cold winter nights, but for many of us, it’s also a time of financial stress and a visit from your good ole’ friend debt. Majd Maksad, from Status Money, is dishing some great tips to breeze into the holidays without debt so you can hit the new year ready to take on your goals.
Questions I Ask
- So just how do we breeze through the holidays without going into debt?
- What do you think causes the biggest stress around the holidays and budgeting?
- Do you see any trends emerging when it comes to holiday spending – what we are all blowing our budgets on?
- Does it matter your income?
- Debt is a real pain point for some many listeners – and sometimes it feels like there’s no way out from the vicious circle of paying off debt but not making any progress. How can you take action today to relieve some of that pain around our debt?
- I know status money has come a long way since we last spoke. What’s the latest?
- If you had one solid takeaway or action item from our conversation, what would you want everyone to remember?
What You’ll Learn
- How to hack your mind during the holidays so you stay in budget
- Why knowing how much your peer group is spending is beneficial to your financial success
- Why lower income groups are making the most impactful behavioral changes when it comes to spending
- How to break the money taboos and get rid of debt
- How you can win financially and finally stay in budget during the holidays
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are super important to iTunes and the more reviews we have, the more we can spread the Millennial Money message (those iTunes algorithms are crazy). I’d be honored if you left a review and let me know what you love about the podcast.
Have an Ask Shannah question, submit it here
Sunday Seven Email Club
Millennial Money is more than just a podcast, we’re all about family here. Join us each weekend for our Sunday Seven Email Club, where we’ll share bonus episodes, money tips, life hacks, exclusive music drops, travel deals, breakfast treats and a whole lotta’ fun!
Shannah Compton Game is a podcast host and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER of the top-rated Millennial Money podcast. Millennial Money has over 6-million downloads in 164 countries. Shannah’s years of experience as a skilled Certified Financial Planner have set her on a mission to revolutionize how people think, act, and feel about their finances…and have some fun doing so.