Most of us didn’t grow up with parent’s who taught us about money. Do you even remember how you learned about money? There is radio silence from our parent’s and family members because there is so much shame, guilt, and negative feelings inherent in all of us around money.
I had the pleasure of chatting with Dr. Wayne Pernell, aka Dr. P, on a much-loved previous episode. I was excited to sit down again with Dr. P and his son, Lucas who is in his 20’s, to talk about the generational differences around money and how we can work to break them apart.
What You’ll Learn
- Why do generational difference exist when it comes to money
- Is it too late to have money talks with our parent’s, and what should we talk about
- The biggest money lessons Lucas and Dr. P learned and why each is important
- How to recognize if you are stuck in a money pattern from your past
- How your mind might be tripping up how you think, act, and feel about your money
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes! IT’S FREE!
Want to have a cup of coffee this week on us? Leave a review in iTunes and email a copy of your review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have an Ask Shannah question, submit it here
Shannah Compton Game is a Money Wellness expert, host of the to-rated Millennial Money podcast, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER with an MBA. Millennial Money has over 15 million downloads in 164 countries. Shannah’s years of experience as a skilled Certified Financial Planner have set her on a mission to revolutionize how people think, act, and feel about their finances…and have some fun doing so.