We’ve all been guilty – you see something one of your friends is doing or buying and you want it too. Or, what about that new piece of clothing you’ve been drooling for and then suddenly an ad pops up on a social platform and you take it as “the sign” that you should probably go ahead and buy it? FOMO spending is a real thing that could be hurting your bank account and credit score without you even knowing it.
What You’ll Learn
Maizie Simpson is Credit Karma’s Data and News Editor, producing stories to simplify and humanize the oftentimes intimidating world of money and finance and is sharing all her tips to battle against FOMO spending.
- How to evaluate whether you’re FOMO spending or you really need an item
- How FOMO spending your credit score go hand-in-hand
- Did you know that American’s spend over $100 billion more on mortgages than we need to? How can you use your credit score to beat those odds
- One of the best ways to raise your credit score and why it matters even if you aren’t purchasing a big-ticket item
- How to figure out what bills you’re overpaying on so you can negotiate a better deal (without being a negotiation expert)
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are super important to iTunes and the more reviews we have, the more we can spread the Millennial Money message (those iTunes algorithms are crazy). I’d be honored if you left a review and let me know what you love about the podcast.
Have an Ask Shannah question, submit it here
Sunday Seven Email Club
Millennial Money is more than just a podcast, we’re all about family here. Join us each weekend for our Sunday Seven Email Club, where we’ll share bonus episodes, money tips, life hacks, exclusive music drops, travel deals, breakfast treats, and a whole lotta’ fun!
Shannah Compton Game is a Money Wellness expert, host of the to-rated Millennial Money podcast, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER with an MBA. Millennial Money has over 15 million downloads in 164 countries. Shannah’s years of experience as a skilled Certified Financial Planner have set her on a mission to revolutionize how people think, act, and feel about their finances…and have some fun doing so.