How much money do you make? Do you have credit card debt? What is your credit score? Hey, will you come to my wedding and oh, by the way, it’s probably going to cost $1,000? Why can’t you afford to go to dinner with us?
Oh, those awkward money conversations. There are just so many of them. In this episode, Erin Lowry, money expert and author of the new book Broke Millennial Talks Money: Scripts, Stories and Advice to Navigate Awkward Financial Conversations, walks us through how to handle some of life’s stickiest money conversations.
Erin Lowry is the author of the three-part Broke Millennial series, including the recently released Broke Millennial Talks Money: Scripts, Stories and Advice to Navigate Awkward Financial Conversations.
What You’ll Learn
- How to navigate awkward money conversations
- Why money conversations are inherently so awkward
- Ways to talk to your spouse and partner about money
- How to handle money conversations with friends
- Rules about sharing how much money you make
- What happens when you avoid having money conversations that you know you should
- Broke Millennial
- Broke Millennial books– Send proof of purchase of Broke Millennial Talks Money to firstname.lastname@example.org and Erin will send you the exclusive bonus chapter and a Prenup Discussion Guide.
- Broke Millennial on Twitter
- Broke Millennial on Instagram
Make it the year you finally cross life insurance off your list, and get protection for your loved ones. Go to Policygenius.com and get started. You could save 50% or more by comparing quotes and start the new year with one less thing to worry about.
Prose is the healthy hair regimen with your name all over it. Take your FREE in-depth hair quiz and get 15% off your first order today! Go to Prose.com/mymoney.
Get started with the MANSCAPED™ Perfect Package 3.0! Get 20% Off and Free Shipping with the code SHANNAH at Manscaped.com.
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes! IT’S FREE!
👉 Sign up for my weekly LET’S TALK MONEY email newsletter.
Have an Ask Shannah question, submit it here
Shannah Compton Game is a Money Wellness expert, host of the top-rated Millennial Money podcast, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER with an MBA. Millennial Money has over 20 million downloads in 164 countries. Shannah’s years of experience as a skilled Certified Financial Planner have set her on a mission to revolutionize how people think, act, and feel about their finances…and have some fun doing so.