When you think about teachers, what do you picture? Someone making a mediocre salary living paycheck to paycheck? Me too – but what if I told you there was a way to make over 100K teaching, pay down your debt, and travel at the same time?
Meet Amanda Swartz from Every Further Mile, our guest on this episode who shares how she made over $100,000 teaching and living abroad with her family and was able to bank a ton of cash while doing so.
Questions I Ask
- So, you’re telling me that you can make over 100,000k while traveling and teaching abroad? I’ve got to know how you do this.
- You talk in detail about how you chose to teach in the Middle East – someplace that most people wouldn’t think about going to as a first choice. What attracted you to that region?
- Walk us through the steps if we did want to teach aboard – where do we start?
- What is the biggest lesson you learned about teaching abroad?
- What does the future look like for you – will you teach abroad again, and where?
What You’ll Learn
- How to ace the teaching abroad interview + land the job
- What countries will offer you the most money for teaching abroad
- How to determine if teaching abroad is a good option for you + what type of degree do you need
- What your first day at work will look like (and why you shouldn’t be scared)
- How to take a risk and explore countries while teaching abroad
- How to adapt to a new culture and learn cultural sensitivities
- Every Further Mile
- BONUS Download: 4 Essential Ingredients to Discovering a Remote Career You Love & Lifestyle You Desire
- Making Sense of Cents article
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are super important to iTunes and the more reviews we have, the more we can spread the Millennial Money message (those iTunes algorithms are crazy). I’d be honored if you left a review and let me know what you love about the podcast.
Have an Ask Shannah question, submit it here
Sunday Seven email club
Millennial Money is more than just a podcast, we’re all about family here. Join us each weekend for our Sunday Seven Email Club, where we’ll share bonus episodes, money tips, life hacks, exclusive music drops, travel deals, breakfast treats and a whole lotta’ fun!
Shannah Compton Game is a podcast host and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER of the top-rated Millennial Money podcast. Millennial Money has over 6-million downloads in 164 countries. Shannah’s years of experience as a skilled Certified Financial Planner have set her on a mission to revolutionize how people think, act, and feel about their finances…and have some fun doing so.