If you’ve ever found yourself staring at your health insurance options during open enrollment trying to make some sense out of your choices– this episode is for you. Grab a beverage, grab your health insurance options, and let’s figure out what is the best plan for your wallet and your lifestyle.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand the difference between the three important variables: deductible, co-insurance, and out-of-pocket max
- Learn how the health insurance system got its start in the early 1900’s (and why we’re still trying to figure it out)
- What’s the difference between an FSA (flexible spending account) and an HSA (health savings account)
- 5 questions to ask yourself before you decide which health insurance plan is right for you
- Tips to pay for large medical bills and surgeries without turning to your credit card
- Care credit card
- HSA information
- Marcus high-yield savings
- Discover high-yield savings
- LA County Fire Department Foundation (fire donations)
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are super important to iTunes and the more reviews we have, the more we can spread the Millennial Money message (those iTunes algorithms are crazy). I’d be honored if you left a review and let me know what you love about the podcast.
Have an Ask Shannah question, submit it here
Sunday Seven Email Club
Millennial Money is more than just a podcast, we’re all about family here. Join us each weekend for our Sunday Seven Email Club, where we’ll share bonus episodes, money tips, life hacks, exclusive music drops, travel deals, breakfast treats, and a whole lotta’ fun!
Shannah Compton Game is a podcast host and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER of the top-rated Millennial Money podcast. Millennial Money has over 6-million downloads in 164 countries. Shannah’s years of experience as a skilled Certified Financial Planner have set her on a mission to revolutionize how people think, act, and feel about their finances…and have some fun doing so.