Do you know the value of your network? Most of us take for granted the relationships we make in our career and don’t realize their worth. What if there was someone in your network right now that held the keys to your dream career or to opening a door that would score you a book deal and more? There’s power in your network, and our podcast guest, Kelly Hoey, is here to show you how to Build Your Dream Network (also the name of her amazing book)!!
Questions I Ask Kelly
- I’ve gotta ask, have you always been a natural networker or is this something you had to work on?
- I saw a graphic you posted on Twitter and it really makes think – “no one cares about your career as much as you do”. That sounds obvious, but we forget it. Why do we need to remember that?
- A lot of us hate the networking – how can we make peace with it and do it effectively?
- Why is having a network so key to our success?
- What about if you’re terribly shy – where do you start?
- Do you have any stories you can share with how having this dream network has helped you in ways that just blow your mind?
What You’ll Learn
- Why your relationships are worth value to your bank account
- How to have an entrepreneurial mindset with your career
- Why you might need to rethink networking and how to win at each event
- Never underestimate anyone, even your Uber drivers
- How to build a network that will keep paying you dividends for many years
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are super important to iTunes and the more reviews we have, the more we can spread the Millennial Money message (those iTunes algorithms are crazy). I’d be honored if you left a review and let me know what you love about the podcast.
Have an Ask Shannah question, submit it here
Shannah Compton Game is a Money Wellness expert, host of the top-rated Millennial Money podcast, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER with an MBA. Millennial Money has over 20 million downloads in 164 countries. Shannah’s years of experience as a skilled Certified Financial Planner have set her on a mission to revolutionize how people think, act, and feel about their finances…and have some fun doing so.