When it comes to couples and money there are two issues: #1 you don’t want to talk about money with your partner, and #2 you think you are always right. No wonder why money is one of the main reasons that most couples get divorced.
Casey and Meygan Caston, the creators of Marriage 365, are here to share how you can avoid those nasty money fights, get on the same money page, and have a thriving relationship. They share their real-life story of battling through $200,000 in debt, almost getting divorced, to now running a global business that is all about creating happy relationships. It’s safe to say they know a thing or two about healthy relationships.
Building a Strong Relationship
I’ve learned a lot in the last six years being in a healthy marriage about how to approach those tough money conversations without conflict. Some of the best ways we’ve been able to avoid catastrophic disaster having those tough money talks have been:
- Treat each other with respect and realize that we both come into the relationship with our set of thoughts and beliefs around money.
- Remember that we are partners and are in this thing together. This is so important to cultivating a healthy money mindset in your relationship.
- Respecting each other’s thoughts when we set spending and savings goals so we both feel like we’re being taken care of.
- Taking the time each week to talk about money in a healthy way without blame so we can keep progressing towards our goals and stay on the same page.
Casey and Meygan share many of these tips and suggestions in this episode. They are full of ideas about how you can not only create a healthy relationship, but also how you can save a relationship that is headed to divorce or separation.
Do yourself a favor this year and focus on building a strong relationship. Find ways you can communicate better with your spouse or partner and learn how you can play to each other’s strengths and not weaknesses. Marriage and relationships take work but it shouldn’t feel like a chore. I want nothing more for you to step into true partnership this year and live the life a life that makes you feel inspired by.
What You’ll Learn
- The story of how Meygan and Casey battled through massive debt and the brink of divorce
- What are the key components of a healthy marriage
- Ways to avoid fighting about money so you can finally get on the same page
- How to play to your strengths in a relationship
- Why they decided to start Marriage365 and how they help couples around the world
- Affordable ways to have a date night and keep the flame alive
- How to battle through those sticky moments as a couple
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes! IT’S FREE!
Go behind the scenes of the podcast and sign up for our free monthly emails.
Have an Ask Shannah question, submit it here
Shannah Compton Game is a Money Wellness expert, host of the to-rated Millennial Money podcast, and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER with an MBA. Millennial Money has over 15 million downloads in 164 countries. Shannah’s years of experience as a skilled Certified Financial Planner have set her on a mission to revolutionize how people think, act, and feel about their finances…and have some fun doing so.