Have you ever wondered why we eat turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy and our favorite veggie dish for Thanksgiving? The Thanksgiving meal has evolved so much since the early 1900s and become the holiday we associate with eating until we can’t eat anymore.
In this Friendsgiving episode reboot, I sat down with the amazing Katherine Spiers, host of the Smart Mouth Podcast, to find out the history behind the Thanksgiving meal and got to the bottom of our pumpkin crazed eating trends.
What You’ll Learn
- How the Thanksgiving meal has evolved over time
- Hear the fascinating story behind the year of two Thanksgivings
- Uncover some regional differences in Thanksgiving
- Why food has become a powerful mediator to tackling tough conversations
- What are some of the latest Thanksgiving trends
- How to make the most out of your Thanksgiving on any budget + host an amazing Thanksgiving party
- Finally, how to embrace where you’re at this Thanksgiving no matter how much money is in your bank account or what goals you’ve achieved
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are super important to iTunes and the more reviews we have, the more we can spread the Millennial Money message (those iTunes algorithms are crazy). I’d be honored if you left a review and let me know what you love about the podcast.
Have an Ask Shannah question, submit it here
Shannah Compton Game is a podcast host and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER of the top-rated Millennial Money podcast. Millennial Money has over 6-million downloads in 164 countries. Shannah’s years of experience as a skilled Certified Financial Planner have set her on a mission to revolutionize how people think, act, and feel about their finances…and have some fun doing so.