We all know that money taboos exist except we don’t really talk about them. In fact, we don’t really talk about anything in relation to money unless we absolutely have to. Have you ever stopped to think why this is? In the U.S., we have a terrible reputation of not making enough strides when it comes to financial literacy – which in turn enables money taboos to go right on existing.
We need to talk though. We need to understand our money taboos and what role they play in our financial success and then we need to teach others how to do the same.
What You’ll Learn
- To start, I’m going back and sorting through some financial literacy history in the U.S. to make a case for why money taboos exist
- Who is to blame – teachers, parents, government, etc? What do you think
- What happens if we let money taboos continue to grow without putting out the flames
- Steps you can take to break free from any money taboos holding you back
- Why our closest relationships are the place we need to start with when it comes to talking about money
- Discussion about the states mandating financial literacy, and why there are only 5
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are super important to iTunes and the more reviews we have, the more we can spread the Millennial Money message (those iTunes algorithms are crazy). I’d be honored if you left a review and let me know what you love about the podcast.
Have an Ask Shannah question, send me a DM on Instagram or submit it here
Sunday Seven Email Club
Millennial Money is more than just a podcast, we’re all about family here. Join us each weekend for our Sunday Seven Email Club, where we’ll share bonus episodes, money tips, life hacks, exclusive music drops, travel deals, breakfast treats and a whole lotta’ fun!
Shannah Compton Game is a podcast host and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER of the top-rated Millennial Money podcast. Millennial Money has over 6-million downloads in 164 countries. Shannah’s years of experience as a skilled Certified Financial Planner have set her on a mission to revolutionize how people think, act, and feel about their finances…and have some fun doing so.