The curious thing about building wealth is that there is always a risk brewing somewhere. Those risks can cost money and wipe away your savings if you’re not prepared. What if you had a flood in your home – are you prepared and what do you do if that happens? In the U.S. we deal with hurricanes, tropical storms, flood-prone areas and more, but you don’t have to live in a flood area to suffer damage. Jason Hargraves from Insurancequotes.com is ready to educate us.
Questions I Ask
- With Hurricane Florence fresh in our minds can you run through some high-level details for us -what is, who needs it, and how do you get it?
- How does a deductible work in flood insurance?
- Are there states that mandate flood insurance?
- What happens if you live in an apartment? Do you need flood insurance?
- Are there any other reasons why we should think about flood insurance?
- Have any tips for how you can file a claim after a flood – painlessly?
What You’ll Learn
- How to take an inventory of your home to prove your possessions
- How a natural disaster can cause financial havoc
- What is the process of acquiring flood insurance and how do you know if you have too much or too little
- What is covered by flood insurance vs. regular homeowner’s insurance
- How to File An Insurance Claim After Hurricane Florence
- Sortly Home Inventory App
SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released? Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Also, podcast reviews are super important to iTunes and the more reviews we have, the more we can spread the Millennial Money message (those iTunes algorithms are crazy). I’d be honored if you left a review and let me know what you love about the podcast.
Have an Ask Shannah question- send it to me on Instagram or submit it here